View Single Post
Old 07-12-2001, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

When I rushed, I was doing so because of pressure. I came from a small, well-to-do town in Texas, and all of the girls were pretty much expected to join a sorority. When I decide on my college, I recieved a lot of pressure to join XYZ, because a lot of older girls from my town had, and "it was the best". At that time, I was sure that I had to, and really wanted nothing more than that. Then I went through rush, where I was really doted on by XYZ, because I had a ton of rec's and so many of my older friends had joined. I loved the attention, but I just didn't feel totally comfortable. Then I went to the DZ party, and the minute I walked in just felt at home. Even then I kept trying to make myself like XYZ, but after the second night, I knew that my sisters were in Delta Zeta. I ended up pledging, and have gotten a lot of grief over it, but it is still worth it. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else now. I am so glad that I got over all of the preconceived notions that I carried, and I hope all of the prospective rushees can, too and listen to their heart.

Just my little story!
-Missy