View Single Post
Old 07-14-2001, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Wow, this is a good topic. I remember going through rush, and I had a friend in one sorority. She really wanted me to join, but I told her I had to see it all for myself and decide. She understood. So I went through rush...and it was a blast. My friend was in a sorority that was really diverse, not necessarily the most popular, but by far really fun, real and my kind of girls. At prefs, I had a really hard time deciding what to do. I liked two of my choices, and had a really hard time deciding. So, I filled out my pref card, with my friend's sorority as my first choice and went home. Since we couldn't talk, she couldn't find out where I decided to go. Finally, the next night on bid night, I went up to the table to get my bid, and there she was, with the biggest smile on her face and it was so awesome. Going D Phi E was the best decision I made in college...they may not be the biggest sorority or the prettiest sorority, but they're my sisters, and they are the people who taught me so much. Next year, on the other side of recruitment, some girls wanted to cut girls because "they're not cute" or something stupid...I stood up and said, "whoa! we are rating girls on who they are!! we are not like some of the other groups here...we go for who we genuinely like, not for what we look like". Half the room applauded. It was a rip