View Single Post
Old 03-01-2001, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa, you are right, but unfortunately our world is not perfect. I see on your profile you live in the Northeast where I don't think rush is as intense as in the South. I think Southern Theta has given top-notch rush advice all year. Of course rushees should look for the house where they will be most comfortable and not try to fit into an image. But in our world,whether business or social, we all try to fit in and are more comfortable knowing what is expected. In many of the Southern schools rush is very competitive and many girls get cut, as has been discussed in other threads. Knowing what to wear and what will happen just boosts the confidence level, no one should try to change their entire persona. I went to school in Texas but now live in California, where rush is quite relaxed. But when I sent my daughter down to Texas, she needed dressier clothes for rush. I think my knowledge of how things work there made the difference for her and she had a great rush. It doesn't mean changing your personality, I look at it as being appropriate for a group that you are interested in joining. This occurs in many situations throught life. May not be right, but that's the way it is.