View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Look I attend a state supported university in the north carolina system(east carolina university). I have a few questions about rush. First of all, I will be a sophomore this year when I rush. Will that severly hurt me. I tried to rush a sorority last spring but was falsely led to believe i was getting a bid but did not(This is informal so you only rush one house). I was crushed but ever since then I have longed to be in a sorority although I no longer know if they are the right house for me(I couldn't treat other girls like that). Even some of my friends in other sororities can't believe the way I was treated. I wanted to do formal fall rush but I am on a full merit scholarship and so my parents wanted me to wait and adjust to college life first. They both support my decision to rush especially my dad( a fraternity member himself). However, after a full year of college and a cumulative 4.0 I am ready if they will only accept me. Also, we only have one brief form to fill out and there is no mention of recs. I live in a small town and don't know anyone who can give me a rec. Will I be cut because of this? Finally, there is no suggestion of how to dress for rush for any of the 5 days. I would appreciate any advice you could offer me.