View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

33, I absolutely agree with you and I have been thinking the same thing. I personally get bored scanning through a ton of "Go XYZ" posts on rush threads and I just think that really nothing good can come of them. It's wonderful that everybody loves her organization, but -- what if, as mentioned, a rushee doesn't like XYZ? Worse yet, what if a rushee LOVES XYZ and gets cut by them -- and then has to read "Go XYZ" or "Here's my shameless plug for XYZ" in her thread? I would feel awful, which is why I never say it.

As for naming names, I still wish people would. It's much easier to follow, and honestly, I don't find the threads without names as interesting at all, not because I want to hear dirt about other organizations, bu because having a name to connect to a story really makes it relevant. I don't think anyone here is going to be offended by comments made tactfully. Of course, I'd be thrilled if every rushee loves Alpha Phi, but of course not everyone will and there is nothing wrong with that.