View Single Post
Old 08-15-2000, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
As President of my alumnae chapter, one of my goals has been improving our relationship with the local chapter.

I recommend the first step be for your chapter to set some goals and really think about what you want. For example, are you lacking in advisors? Do you just want to socialize with them? Do you need their financial support? Do you need their assistance with recruitment activities?

The next question I have for you is, how active is your alumnae chapter? If you alumnae are not organized into a chapter, it is going to be very difficult to get them involved with your chapter. If there is no alumnae chapter, talk with your regional leaders to form a chapter. Let them plan an event each month for the alumnae and let the alumnae chapter get stabilized for 6 months. Maybe invite the alumnae to participate in your Founder's Day or at a philanthropy event. Then, appoint a alumnae liason and ask the alumnae to do the same. These two women can meet and plan a few events that allow the collegians and alumnae to interact.

If you need support from the alumnae, be specific about it. Don't just say "We need help with Rush", say "We really need alumnae to fill and clear water/punch glasses and tidy up after each party, that way our members can concentrate on getting ready for the next group of rushees."

Barb