Thread: Concerns. . .
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2000, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Concerns. . .

I have some concerns. I've noticed a lot of talk about rush and recruitment. Most are very 'excited' prospectives, which is good. My concern is reasoning why people are rushing. All the talk is going in the direction of 'what to wear' and 'who to rush' and 'will I fit in'. These are all questions that bother me. To me all these questions are useless and frankly, the wrong questions to be asking. Am I the only one that feels this way? I know that sororities/fraternities have been viewed as parties, parties, and more parties. But I'm worried that in this day, more people are not joining for philanthropy, networking, etc etc. I'm concerned that people are joining just to be in the 'in' crowd. I've noticed lots of sisters that are even suggesting to prospectives to 'look the part' for rush, to me this adds to the fake image of sorority/fraternity life. Am I the only one who thinks this? Anyway, I've noticed less veterans posting on the 'RUSH' board and I think that we as alumni should be concerned. What I'm saying is, I think that we should be on that board pushing the right reasons to join a sorority/fraternity. WE KNOW the hard work that it takes to keep up a sorority/fraternity. What do you all think?

------------------
Mikki
Delta Zeta Alum
Kappa Mu Chapter
Sigma Alpha Iota Alum
Eta Tau Chapter

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

--Lao Tzu