View Single Post
Old 02-05-2001, 06:45 PM
Artimis

Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat:

Is it possible that these women would rather just be left alone? The chapter is in major recruitment trouble, along with numerous operations problems. Does there come a point in time when you say, I can only do what they ask for, and turn your back? The chapter advisor called me and told me that they asked her not to invite alums to their first round of rush, because it would give the impression of being a larger group than what they are. Isn't this ridiculous???

Any advice would be really appreciated.

I've always heard the impression that a group is bigger than it is was a good thing. Also, many rush guests will recognize that alum are present, esp considering the alum are probalby introduced with I'm so and so, an alum from XXXX.

I wish you the best of luck with the chapter. And I have a sugguestion for you. Sometimes part of the tension between actives and alum is because each group doesn't know each other. I'm not sure of the size of the chapter. But it might be wise for small numbers of alum and active sisters to meet for dinner and just talk. (much like active sisters would do for new members.) It may help to break down some of the tensions, if actives and alum new each other a bit better.