View Single Post
Old 08-11-2000, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs up

We had our first official meeting earlier this week. It went went really well. I know some of the members, but there are several that I've never met. We all seem to get along really well.. in fact, we occassionally got off topic and starting telling stories from our college days .

But we maintained order really well overall. We voted on our executive board, our chapter dues, and a couple other big things to get us started. It was kind of cool, everyone just discussed stuff when necessary, but we still followed Robert's Rules.. our prez (once she was elected) would ask for discussion or votes, people were making motions and seconding them just like they were supposed to. We have business meetings the 1st week of everymonth, but the other weeks are "informal meetings", where comittees will be able to meet, we can just discuss ideas, or we can just get to know each other better.

I have to admit, I was laughing my butt off through most of the meeting, because everyone was so funny!!

Our big challenges now is coming up w/ chapter projects we can do, given our unique situation.

I'll let you guys know how things are going after the next couple of meetings!!

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter