View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah, yes. I am very versed in this! In fact, I am having the same problem! My chapter does Spring Rush...in Panhellenic, we are discussing rasing quota which would require us to spring rush and COB. There is a girl in my Women's Chorale who is, shall we say, a habiutaul liar. She went through formal recruitment and was not offered a bid. During recruitment, she claimed she was a DZ, ZTA and KD legacy. I can't speak for the other organizations, but we checked it out and she is not a legacy. No one in her family is registred as a Delta Zeta. Well, b/c she didn't get a bid, she has decided that she wants to spring rush. She did pledge a professional music fraternity, however. One of my roommates and sorority sister is also in this music fraternity and has confided in me that they might de-pledge her! Aparently, she lies. She said that she is fluent (sp) in spanish, but did not know how to say "I love you". She supposdly flew to New York to attend Sept. 11 memorial services and then (on the same day) flew home to take a test. She was in a car accident and lost her pledge pin but then found it 2 days later "in the floorboard of her totaled car". (she wasn't given a pledge pin in the first place).

She has now decided she wants to be a DZ...I am also at a loss. I do not think that she will represent us in a positve light...obvioulsy another organzation is having some problems with her, so why wouldn't we? Plus, we are still getting over having to de-pledge someone last year (LOTS OF DRAMA!!!!) So, I feel your pain!!! I think your chapter needs to do whats right for your chapter. You don't have to let "anyone" in....how is her GPA? Was she involved in high school? What year is she in college? All of these things can help you and your chapter make the best decision. If she doesn't meet to your standards (ie....your GPA requirement is a 2.5 and she has a 2.3) then explain to her why you cannot take her at this time.

I hope everything works out for you! I know how hard it can be!

Best wishes,
Blaire