View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thetakates
Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
Not to be mean, but it isn't YOUR choice if this girl gets a bid or not. If she is interested in your chapter, then bring her to an event. Let your sisters meet her and see her cookiness. Then, when it comes time to vote, and she doesn't get a bid, you can say "it's not my deicision to make, but the entire chapter".
The problem is that you do not neccessarily see this until it is too late. I love my sorority so much, but sometimes i think that we have too short of a pledge period. We do not get a really good chance to get to know these girls that we are going to share secrets with and call our sisters. Last year we had a problem with a girl that came to all the pledge activities and stuff, and got initiated, but as soon as initiation was over we never saw her again! We also had another girl do this in the same pledge class. We had to sue both girls because of all the chapter operation money that they owed us. SO back to my original point, it is harder to see who is going to make a good sister even after 6 weeks of pledgeship. But I would have to say that if you have a problem with someone going through rush then No-rec her if that is what you feel is neccessary. We had a girl from my high school go through rush and I wanted to do this to her, luckily thought she ended up dropping out before I had to worry about this. So just be careful as to who you want as sisters. It can come back to haunt you later.