View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21

so being in a sorority means that you smile in someone's face you really don't like? then i guess all of those stereotypes of women in sororities are true? ok, cool with me. might as well be truthful with them instead, or just not tell them period.
Starang21,

That's not what we're saying at all. What I and some other GCers are trying to get across is that being blunt to a rushee isn't how we do things in the NPC. And just because we don't give a rushee a specific reason for why she didn't get a bid does NOT mean that we're being two-faced or that "all of those stereotypes of women in sororities are true." Frankly, I would consider it EXTREMELY rude for one of my sisters to say something insulting to a rushee about her personality, morals, etc. To me, that would be very disrespectful to a girl who showed enough interest in my GLO to take the time to attend a Rush party. Just because that girl may not be a good "fit" for the chapter doesn't give me the right to insult her.

I know that NPHC orgs have different policies concerning Rush, and I can certainly understand that. I have the utmost respect for NPHC organizations, and I'm sure that they handle rushees in a way that is best for them. Please understand and respect the fact that we in the NPC have different policies, and that what works for you may not work for us.