View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

"Wack" is not bad hair, fitting in better elsewhere, or having funny clothes. It's not having a GPA too low or two few activities - I would have to agree although that it is generally AXD's policy not to say why a girl did not get a bid, if it was something like GPA and we really wanted her, I would tell her to bring the GPA up and try again.

"Wack" is having serious mental problems - and not even something like depression, which I know many wonderful sisters cope with, it's more like torturing squirrels and dogs.

It's someone who has depledged from several groups in the past, or quit several student organizations after causing internal dissension.

It's a girl you know has a serious problem with drugs or alcohol to where it impairs her ability to cope with everyday life.

It's the kind of girl who, if you do bid her, causes PNMs to say, "I like your group, but I don't want to be known as X's sister."

It's the kind of girl whose ex-boyfriends put restraining order out on.

Or it's even someone who is so negative she will tear apart your organization. Formal rush sucks, this school sucks, my roommate sucks, our bid day t-shirt sucks, I should have joined XYZ instead, I hate it here, I hate my pledge class - all the time, until you wonder why she was interested in the first place.

At least, that was the sort of thing I was thinking of when I posed the question.