View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 05:32 AM
GreekChat Member

oh, another thing

other than the friends i had in one particularly sorority, i didnt have too many preconceived notions of any of the sororities going into formal rush. when i did the informal rush for DG, i chose them because, altho i know chapters are different from campus to campus, i remembered liking them at UF and wanted to see if there was a common thread as to why i liked them and if these girls here were as sweet (and they were), the other reason was mere convenience, their sorority house was right across the street from my apt. complex at the time and i saw their banners go up promoting it.

aside from that, and maybe this could be a shallow perception, but during formal i totally sided with whichever houses i had the best conversations in..after all, that was ultimately how THEY decided to invite me back too, at least partially, right? from my rush thread, remember my excitement at being invited back to round 2 by 2 houses i really liked? that giddiness is what i remember most and thats the only memory I have now because in my major, there are no greeks in my classes this quarter so I can't further evaluate. i keep my ears and eyes open, though, and am on the lookout for events, philanthropic and otherwise to meet girls in orgs I'm interested in.