Thread: *Shy* Alums
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Of course you are KD enough!

First, I understand where you are coming from. It took me more than a year recieving AA information before I finally attended and I am not even a shy person. I am from a small chapter ( University of tulsa- I am sure some of my sisters are in your AA) and worried that I wouldn't " fit in " with the ladies from those big chapters. I drug a friend along with me to the first event ( she hasn't been back ) and am so glad I went. I am now VERY involved and can't belive I was nervous before. As the membership chair for my AA I want to let you know that we are so excited to have new members come and I try ( and I still need some work on this) to make each new member feel welcome. So I am sure that they would love to have you in the TULSA AA too! Something that might help is to attend smaller events first or to join a specific commitee . This way you have fewer people to meet and are more likely to make a connection. Also, sometimes I think it is easier to meet new people when you are actively doing something ( whether that be helping with rush, a philantropy project ,etc) than just a social meeting. Well, I am sorry I am was so long winded,but I hope I helped. You post actually helped me as well. I sometimes get frustrated when people request information about our AA and then never come. It made me realize that maybe they are just shy If you meet any Tulsa Alumnae let me know I might know them!
AOT
Casey