View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
i didn't go through recruitment until i was a sophomore. i was so scared because i had a bad experience during my freshman year with recruitment. i had never went through rush so the girls screaming and yelling freaked me out and i left. they tried to calm me down but i was like, 'oh my goodness, these girls are crazy!'
so, sophomore year after i had partied with everyone and become a favorite at parties, i decided 'hmmm, maybe i'll rush again because i really want to go greek!' this rush scared the hell out of me because i had transferred school and was the only minoritiy in the room. i started to walk out when another girl came in behind me and goes, 'i can tell what sorority i'm not going to be in!' the room was full of blondes. so, me the minority sophomore and her the brunette freshman, walked in together. we ended up in teh same rush group. and every night, we would pray that we didn't get cut. i got cut from one group because my GPA was a 2.75 and she got cut from another group because she was 'it'. i was upset about the grade cut and she was like, 'but you still have so-n-so. . .shut up!'
well, she and i ended up making the heartfelt decision of going PHI SIGMA SIGMA(only i thought she was going someone else and since i still had the 'it' sorority, she thought i had chosen them.'
the best feeling of all, i was so nervous that i got cut because i was older. . .but when i went to get my bid card and i walked down with the other girls, the phi sigs bomb-rushed and tackled us to the ground. . .and i looked around. . .and there was my friend. . .hugging and taking pics with our new 'blonde' sisters.

now, we're archon and vice archon of a chpater. . .

so, if you're a junior going through rush, just shrug it off and be yourself. . .at least you've proven that you can handle college. . .