View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! This is a really interesting topic. When I started rushing, I KNEW that the other sorority on my campus was the one for me. It was where I was meant to be - there was just no question. I know a lot of you followed my rush thread, so I don't really have to explain the way things changed for me. Yes, I was crushed when I got cut from the sorority I was "meant" to be in. I wasn't sure at first when I took my bid from AGD, but I figured it was at least worth a shot. And that was the smartest decision I've ever made in my life. Although I couldn't see it, I really was meant to be an Alpha Gam. Even though I'm not a sister yet, I've already grown so much from the sisterhood, and I feel like I have a lot to give back to the chapter.

So, to get back to the topic, I wasn't really devastated by the idea that I was meant to be an AGD, but, rather that I was NOT meant to be in the other sorority. I'm not one to really buy into the whole fate thing - I really believe life is what you make of it. But I think sometimes things happen that you just can't help. It's just so right that you couldn't have stopped it if you'd tried. I know not everyone is as lucky as me, though. I think that a rephrase of the "You'll end up where you belong" is a great idea, because that one sentence can cause an unbelievable amount of heartache for PNMs.