Thread: "Pref 101"
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it's also important to remember that not every PNM can be preffed in the same way. My first pref party I was picked up by two girls who had been talking to me all through rush. We went to a room and they gave me a letter they wrote for ME that talked about what the sorority meant to them, how great I would be in it, etc. etc. Then they sat and talked to me specifically about the other house I was preffing (Chi O) without saying the name, how it was a great house too but I should keep an open mind. It was very sweet of the two girls and I really liked them, but then during the ceremony I looked around and shed a few tears because I wanted a sisterhood, but didn't feel this was the one for me.

Then I went to Chi O and sat with some girls I had talked to a lot during rush, we just talked more and had a nice time, they had a beautiful classy ceremony, and then I talked more. No pressure. No touchy feely "we really wat you, you'd be so great" because they knew I wasn't a touchy feely girl, so they didn't press that on me. They made me feel comfortable. I knew THAT was the sisterhood I wanted.

So don't assume that every PNM wants you to sit with her and tell her how great the sisterhood is and how much she will fit in. She might just want to feel like you and she already know she belongs - no convincving nessecary. I guess I'm just saying, know your PNM and cater your "attack" to her style, not some preconceived idea of what the "perfect pref" is.