View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

bid day dissapointment can be very overwhelming and confusing. I know a girl at one school who was rushed so hard by ABC and went all the way to pref where the girl preffing her told her: "You are going to be so happy here" the next day she opened up her envelope and saw XYZ instead. She then had all of two minutes to prepare herself on the walk to meet her sisters. The way bid day works makes it very hectic, you don't get alot of time to adjust or think about your options. That's maybe why alot of girls go to bid day and then depledge, they don't want to not show up and ruin their chances with the second choice, but at the same time they don't really have time to sort through their emotions. I understand how it could be construed as disrespectful or inappropriate, but when you've had five minutes to adjust and the girls who have made you feel like "you're not good enough" are very close by and you have been stressing over the outcome of this day for months (check out the all the pnm's questions already), and you have been up late and overstressed for five to ten days it can be hard not to cry!!!!. This is especially true if the 1st choice sorority makes you feel like the will bid you. So I don't hold tears against anyone, there are definitely cases of sisters coming out of MS in tears too because of how stressful it can be. Sometimes the "thought" of being in XYZ on paper is alot different than the reality of being cut by ABC in real life and actually joining XYZ. So i think that the second choice chapter should just do what they can for the nm and hopefully things will work out. The girl in my story never depledged, but wasn't happy, she later dropped out of her school and transfered for unrelated reasons.