View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Most people from the Mainland brush off Hawaiian superstitions, but I have never been to a more haunted place than Hawaii. The Univ. of Hawaii has a lot of ghost stories, mostly of ghosts sitting on your chest, a couple of hanging ghosts (we think it's students who committed suicide), and the ghosts at Campus Center. I know of two occurrences, one mine and one a friend's.

I worked for Campus Center's catering and we were cleaning up one night after an event in the ballroom. There's always weird noises in there, but one night it scared me to death. Another coworker and I were on the other side of the ballroom from the door to the back (our exit) when the lights, all 6 switches , turned off. Those lights were on the wall by the door, but nowhere accessible for a quick prank. Then we heard what sounded like something dragging across the floor toward us. Adam and I took off running toward the door (which luckily had a window into the back kitchen. Luckily it was a small amount of stuff and needless to say we left it for the morning crew.

The second time, a couple of people were studying in one of the meeting rooms off the dining room at campus center. It was during finals week, Marriott let the catering crew study all night. This couple decided to get some sleep at 3am by putting the chairs together (they had padded vinyl covers) to make a makeshift bed. Around 4am they both woke up to noises coming from the dark room. The dining room chairs were lined up against the walls around the room, and someone/something was walking on the top of them circling the room. They listened for awhile, pretty much too scared to move, and then it stopped. I think Sean jumped up after a few minutes and turned the light on, but nothing was there.

I've been told that if you hear someone/something say your name, don't answer.

I had night terrors as a child, I heard things in my room, two red dots of light shone on my wall from no possible source, and shadows played against my wall that weren't quite...right. I slept with the light on.