View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
There is a difference between being selective and not taking quota. If a chapter intentionally does not put enough women on their list to get quota through bid matching, that to me seems to be like shooting themselves in the foot. I have never been to any campus where the goal was to not make quota.
I did not actively participate in the selection process when I was an active, but I do know that my chapter tends to cut heavily for the purpose of getting quality members. We do this intentionally because we want women who are the best fit for us, and because it's not fair to "lead" people on by inviting back a certain number just because Panhellenic says to. Because of this, we don't normally make quota, but we always come within a few (for example, this year we got 49 new members with quota set at 53), and we always end up pledging quota within a few weeks so our numbers stay competitive. Not putting the maximum number allowed on a bid list isn't necessarily shooting yourself in the foot...it's more like choosing wisely.