View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
Most groups will have something on their websites regarding convention (site, dates-- pictures if it was last summer, registration information if it is coming up). There is another thread in the Greek Life Forum that asks where people had their last convention.

I have been to Pi Beta Phi's convention 11 times-- before I was elected to office, I saw it as a way to see the country, stay in nice hotels and keep up with friends. Now I have a much larger role, but it is still fun. There are traditions, such as the Parade of Chapters that still give me chills even though I've seen it numerous times.

Costs might seem to be a lot, but at least in Pi Phi, meals are included... and typically we are in a resort area staying at a Marriott.

Pi Phi conventions are members only (i.e., there are no provisions for spouses/ children and unless you pay the extra fee for a single, you are assigned a roommate) but I've heard of some groups that include activities for families. Personally, I like the atmosphere that comes from 1100 sisters all in one room!