View Single Post
Old 10-08-2000, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Lightbulb Greek Life After College

I am very interested in hearing others opinions on how alumnae life is better/worse/the same as Greek life while in college. I personally am working on becoming a national officer in my sorority. I am full of dedication, ideas, and the tireless energy needed to make my sorority the best it can be. I also feel self conscious when I am speaking to a co-worker if I mention the word "sorority". I feel like they are looking at me with "poor girl, can't let go of the past" eyes. I know 4 Greeks who were active in college and just do not care to be active now because they don't live in the house, or can't participate in recruitment, etc. Basically, they hate the fact that alumnae life is different. One TKE said to me "I used to be a TKE", but I wanted to say "Hey, you always will be a TKE!". Why is alumnae life seen in such a bad light my collegiates? How can our national orgs make the idea of participating in the sorority/fraternity for life a more appealing prospect? Also, why do seniors get burnout and no longer want to particpate in the chapter activities? I am just SO BLOWN AWAY by that idea. This is your last active year, make as many memories as you can!!! OK, I've rambled enough, but I would love to hear from you all!!