View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

so i love formal rush and consider myself a pretty good rusher, all my rush crushes always end up being new members in my sorority, etc... so last week was formal rush, and i was on a roll. it was skit night, and these girls were both with out sisters. so i quickly went over to them to talk. this was my conversation with one of the girls.
me-"Hi! what did u think of the skit?"
PNM-"it was o.k.".
me-"Do you watch sex and the city" (our skit was that theme)
pnm-"no"
me"oh, it's great! you'll have to rent the tapes sometime. it takes place in nyc which is close to home for me, so i enjoy it. where do u call home?"
pnm-"jersey"
me-"very cool, my little is from there. do u like it?"
pnm-"eh"
the conversation continued w/ one word replies and also mocking along the way. i felt horrible for the other girl who was there (who i tried to bring into the conversation). i finally saw one of my sisters walk by and grabbed her to bump me out of this. the party ended and i felt drained. i could not believe it...possibly the LONGEST 8 minutes of my life!! i was literally in shock. needless to say she was not invited back, but get this...she was not invited back to any other sorority on campus. that fact made me feel a whole lot better...nice to know it wasn't me.
-violets