View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiPhiGirl2005
At Hillsdale, our dean and our Panhel are VERY big on encouraging (even requiring) girls to put down two houses on their card (two being the maximum number). I "suicided" and was very happy with what I got. OUr hosue has always encouraged girls who are unsure just not to sign at all, and thus we have more non-signers than upset girls. This usually works out: the don't sign that day, have a week to think about it and get to know some girls outside of recruitment, and then might receive their new bids. This works out for many people and there are less "spur of the moment" emotional decisions.

Glitter650, we had a similar situation this year. We only picked up nine girls on pick-up night (quota was 13, I believe, and we have made quota every year for forever). Many of the members were upset because girls that they had wanted had not signed or signed elsewhere. I felt extremely bad for our new members on bid night because some of our actives were acting kind of dissapointed. However, the wonderful thing is that we picked up nine beautiful girls who really, really wanted to be Pi Phis, regardless of where they were on our list. Additionally, we ended up picking up several non-signers the next week!