View Single Post
Old 01-16-2001, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Original Ape:
Suppose the man tells the girl that he has enough children and he aint trying to have any more. He sets out his condoms; and while he's in the bathroom, the girl punctures his condom because she wants a "pretty baby with 'good'hair". Unaware of what happens, he does his thing and finds out later that she is pregnant. She has this baby-and NO BOYFRIEND willing to pay child support. By law, he is stuck with paying child support.

Is THIS fair(just)?

Well, that is why you do not sleep with people who you do not love. People have to look at sleeping with people in this manner: everytime you lay down with someone (male or female) you could be potentionally giving them power over the rest of your life. If you have a baby with a person, that person can affect your finances, your marriage, your future children, and your life. Because what if the girl didn't punch holes in the condom, but the condom just broke. See what I'm saying. At least if you're having sex with someone you love and could see marrying, then it might not be that bad of a problem because you know that you could spend the rest of your life with that person raising your child together or if you don't stay with that person, then you would know that that person would not do anything intentionally to hurt you (i.e. playing games with your child and visitation, trying to put you in jail for child support, messing with any of your future relationships, etc.). I know at 23 years old, that my opinion is considered old fashioned, but I guarantee you that if more people took that approach, then there would be less unwanted children and less deadbeat moms/dads. And I'm not on a high horse or anything, but I can say I live what I speak.