View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the "You'll end up where you were meant to be" is more of the GC-equivalent of a "virtual/online" pat on the back. Let's just try to eliminate it, and tell the PNMs "Good luck, we're here if you have any questions, call the Greek Life office at your school, and remember, this is about making friends. Enjoy this experience!"

My theory in life is that you have good days, and you have bad days. All the events of those days shape who you are as a human being, and ultimately, there are no regrets. I do believe that all things happen for a reason, and sometimes it is not until days, weeks, months or even years later that you discover "why." So whether you get your 1st choice, 7th choice, or you choose not to be in a sorority, your life will go on and you will be a happy person.

If you could not see yourself at XYZ sorority, then don't twist your guts in a knot over the decision. If it's not something you want to do... don't do it! You have free will to do as you please! Don't sign that bid card! Honestly, though, as we all say, if you really want to get into "a sorority," you must keep your options open. It is a mutual selection process, and there will be rejection on both sides. The other chapters don't know who is cutting you; they only know they you have cut them or they have cut you. It's not a conspiracy, I promise.

To our PNM's: ENJOY YOUR TIME IN COLLEGE!!!!! If you don't like the sorority you pledged, that's ok. It's not the end of the world. There are dozens of ways to get involved on campus and make new friends. You have to do what is right for you. Sorority recruitment can be difficult because there's some rejection involved. It's a great life lesson that you will experience throughout your time on this earth. Above all, you're here on GC to learn more about sorority life because it is something you are interested in. Good for you. Go check it out. There's nothing to lose by trying something new.

Last edited by adpiucf; 08-01-2004 at 06:04 PM.