View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: The Effects of the supermarket strike in CA

Quote:
Originally posted by CASIGKAP
So I went to the grocery store to pick up some ice-cream when I noticed that the VONS is almost entirely empty & the aisles are almost bare. I was thinking that perhaps they were going to do construction on the market so I asked the guy at the checkout. He told me that ever since they had the strike, business at that location has been less than stellar. Now the store is going to close down effective tomorrow at 6 pm.
Vons with a Carl's Jr in the parking lot? Which one is that?

Quote:
I pulled into the parking lot once b/c Carls Jr. is on the same lot & they swarmed my car & were beating my windows & doors. I couldn't even explain that I wanted to eat Carls Jr. At another location, my very pregnant sister & I were going to go to pay her bills b/c the bill paying location is inside the market. The strikers called us names & one even had the gall to tell my sister that her & her baby were going to be sorry for crossing the picket line.
What?!?! I understand that crossing the picket lines doesn't help their case, but some people just need to step off. A pregnant lady??

Luckily, the picketers here in San Diego weren't being rude to the senior citizens. Though one of my friends is married and has a couple little girls. She and her husband didn't make enough money at that time and so they had to rely on food stamps. She told me that a bunch of picketers were calling her names when she went to shop at one of the stores. Mad, my friend turned around and yelled, "Excuse me??? I'm sorry, but if you'd like to trade cash for my food stamps, then I'll shop elsewhere. If not, then leave me the ____ alone so I can put food on the table for my kids!" She said the lady who had called her names just shut up right then and there.

Still, I can't believe they attacked you in your car! That must have been scary!

.....Kelly

True and Constant