View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wrigley
If worst case scenario happens and drunky John gets out. Is there a possibilty that you could sue him in civil court for damages?
I had thousands of dollars in medical bills. So, we had to sue MY insurance company since not only did he not have a license, but he had no insurance.

It was his 3rd dui and 11th time of driving on a revoked license. The man has spent a LOT of time in jail. My husband was a deputy and knew him the guy's being in jail all of the time.

He has no money. His common law wife, as he calls her, has no money. He even told my lawyers to go ahead and sue. I would never see a dime from a judgment against him because they live off of public assistance.

I got enough money from my insurance to pay off my outstanding medical bills. But, I have no money left for the new bills for the injuries.

It turns out that the paperwork never reached the Parole department. They had no record of my paperwork, so I was not to be notified. I called and raised holy hell today to the DA's office that "apparantly" lost the paperwork. They pulled some strings and arranged it so that I can e-mail a letter and it will be delivered to all of the members of the parole board before they make their decision.

At least he won't get released without any opposition...