View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

I don't understand this about the rules saying that sororities can't bid someone they've cut before. One of my daughters pledged a sorority that had cut her the year before. I know of several similar situations.

It wouldn't make sense to have such a hard and fast rule! First, you'd have to keep track of several girls and what would you do if you realized you'd bid a girl you'd cut the year before? Drop her? I don't think so.

Also, I know of many girls who didn't get a bid at ABC University, transferred, then had their choice of sororities at DEF University--all chapters that had cut them. There's certainly no way that sororities could track girls from college to college, making sure that they didn't get bid by a group who'd formerly cut them.

Finally--people change. There are PNMs who get overlooked the first time they rush and they become strong leaders or get to know a lot of sorority members during their freshman year. The next year, the sororities are like, "We want her! How could we have overlooked her last year?"