View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Then why in your other thread did you say, "and I have it narrowed down to 4 out of 10 that I'd accept a bid from."
This is what I said AFTER rush was over. AFTER I had met the girls and given them all equal chances.

Quote:

Doesn't seem like you've done anything to get to know anyone.
If you had gotten to know some people.
What? You have NO IDEA how many new people I've met during one semester at LSU. Even though I've become good friends with many Greeks (and non-Greeks for that matter), it still doesn't change the rule that they can't reconsider me for membership.

Quote:

Maybe you're not as perfect as you think.
I never said I was perfect. I've never thought that I was perfect. Why do you assume these things?

Quote:

Ummm... you had alumnae call the chapters personally? Did you not believe Greek Life on your own? Do you know how stalkerish that looks?
For your information, I did NOT have any alumnae call the chapters personally. These alums voluntarily called the chapters themselves because they were going to write me recs. Then they suggested that I called Greek Affairs to see if every chapter has this policy.

Quote:
Obviously you didn't do your homework. Not even necessarily visiting GC, but talking to people who go to LSU or went there or making some effort to find out what's involved. That's no one's fault but your own.
I did do my homework. I was simply under the impression that LSU's rush was just as competitive as everyone else's. I made plenty of effort, even moreso than my friends. You have no right to tell me that I made no effort and automatically assume things about me that are not true. Maybe you should come to LSU, rush and see how many invitations you get with your attitude.

Connie: None of this is in writing on the Greek Affairs website. LSU's NPC Advisor told me this over the telephone. I asked her why it was not in writing on their website and she said that she didn't "really think it was necessary."

Last edited by LSUgrrl126; 01-30-2005 at 10:45 PM.