View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Any excuse

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyearl93
Cosby's sexual (consensual or not) contact has nothing to do with why many black teenagers are dropping out of school, why many black parents are bringing children into this world but not raising (teaching) them, and why many black people continue to spend their money, time, and efforts toward things that neither benefit them (their family) nor us as a people. I know Cosby didn't say all that, I threw some of that end myself.

This occurence shouldn't discredit or lessen the validity of his statements. If it's true, it's true, molestation or not. I do agree that one should lead by example, but I think the three areas that I mentioned earlier are more influential to African Americans than Bill Cosby getting his freak on.
We may think Cosby disobeying his marriage vows means nothing, but it does. The lack of respect for marriage can be a reflection about the family unit and how people view it. He talks about men abusing women but repeatedly cheating on your wife is a form of abuse-lack of respect for relationships, kids out of wedlock and living in single parent homes, STD's, and so on.

Unfortunately, AA's like to discredit the emotional effects of our actions when everything plays a part in the whole.