View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Re: at my school..

Quote:
Originally posted by twinstars
I think it can be cut-throat among the top sororities, competing for certain rushees, because even though there are plenty of girls rushing, there is always that top 20% of the pool (or so) that any of the best houses would love to have. If you do succeed in getting those rushees, it's a big ego boost. It means your house beat out the competition (other very good houses). Guys talk about it.... "oh, did you hear theta (or whoever) got so-and-so? Her dad's the president of .... whatever"

It's so competitive because the top tier of sororities are all going after the same set of rushees. There aren't enough of those "cream of the crop" rushees to go around... someone's got to get them, and it might as well be your house.
twinstars, I'm just about 99.99999% positive we go to the same school. PM me!!

As far as "cream of the crop" rushees--I feel like there are only going to be so many gorgeous, popular, intelligent, articulant, partying, well-to-do, legacy, RIF'ed women going through rush on any campus. But just because someone's missing two, three, or four of those qualities doesn't mean they suck, IMHO. But, they're not going to go to the "top" groups.

And lastly let me say that at me and twinstars' school, yes, we ARE all up in everybody's business. Everyone is always like "Oh... you got her?? She dates this SAE.." or "Her dad is President of this" or "She was a 5-time legacy" or "She went to Westminster" etc.... hehe..... it's kinda sad, because I think in some ways the cut-throat nature of it here is multiplied, because we all know all the rushees, and where each and every one of them ends up, and oftentimes why.... small + greek + southern = INSANE