View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 PM

I tend to think that it's always in the PNMs best interest to accept any bid they receive. The new member period is really for deciding whether you want to become a member. If you don't like it, you can depledge (and maybe rush again next year).

Also, at some schools, if you don't take a bid, you miss out on your only shot at being Greek (rush as a sophomore isn't possible). If you feel like you can handle going to Huge Greek School and not being in sorority, then decline. However, if you think it's going to make you depressed to see letters everyday if you aren't in a sorority, then you need to give your 2nd/3rd choice a shot, at least for a few weeks. That way you can see more of the chapter as opposed to declining a bid and wondering "what if."

For what it's worth, I haven't heard many girls say in hidsight that they regret joining their 2nd/3rd choice, but I have heard many say "I wish I would've stayed in recruitment/accepted my bid."

Sometimes girls need to realize that while they're upset that they didn't get their number one choice, nobody said they were guaranteed to get it. If you list a group on your pref card, you need to be willing to get a bid from them. If you know you're going to be upset and decline if you get a bid to a certain sorority, you shouldn't rank them.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.