View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyInMD View Post
at all. According to my daughter, about half the released PNMs are sophomore transfer students and will not rush again next year as juniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
If it hasn't been made clear, those woman that pledged AA likely had pref invitation ONLY to AA. If AA had not been actively recruiting, then those women would very likely have been dropped from recruitment PRIOR to Pref. They would not have received bids. Maybe not all of them, but a high percentage.
In this case, I wonder why the NMs could not have been given the option to A: stay, be initiated, finish out the semester and be given alumna status or B: leave and be able to join another sorority, From what I am getting from these comments, it sounds like for a lot of these students, AA was their last or only chance to experience sorority life. Even one semester is better than nothing.

People always talk about how sorority membership is for a lifetime, so here are 25 members that may have made great alumnae someday. I was in a chapter that closed shortly after I initiated (although I had a full school year- pledged in the fall of sophomore year, initiated at the beginning of spring and we closed at the end of that year), and for awhile, when I lived in a larger city with an active alumnae chapter, I was very involved with Chi Omega. I am still in touch with sisters from my college chapter today, which never re-opened.