View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 06:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
If it hasn't been made clear, those woman that pledged AA likely had pref invitation ONLY to AA. If AA had not been actively recruiting, then those women would very likely have been dropped from recruitment PRIOR to Pref. They would not have received bids. Maybe not all of them, but a high percentage.

AA may have been told by their National that they were required to pledge XX number of women this recruitment to retain their charter. If they didn't make that number, closure was going to be the result. This was their last chance. Sometimes it is better to close and hope to come back in a few years, than continue to struggle. I am sure this decision was not made by the local chapter, but their national council.

Having said that, there are a very, very few campuses that require that every woman who participates in recruitment receives a bid. The result would have been different on those "unicorn" campuses.
Posters on this board refer to women maximizing their options during recruitment, I interpreted this to mean if a PNM accepts all invitations she will not be dropped from recruitment. I did not understand that a women could still be dropped by all chapters prior to pref. My error.