View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
^^^Right.

We also see a lot of "My Suzie graduated with a 4.0 and was cut by ABC but Roommate Ronda got a bid and she has a 3.6. What gives?"

It's very possible that Ronda knows a ton of ABCs from dance and has been seeing them/hanging out with them at dance camp since they were 14.

As a sidenote, a lot of PNMs will say "how did I get cut? I knew a ton of ABCs." The issue here is maybe they didn't like you or consider you to be a friend they'd like to see in their letters.

You also have to remember the sheer number of other PNMs who know just as many ABCs as you do.

That's why it's important not to focus on just ONE group when meeting people. Try to meet people and build relationships with people from different groups. And keep an open mind.
Exactly. I think many people want to believe that sorority recruitment is utopian and merit-based. In that world, the absolute top girls in grades/looks/convo/extras/recs would be offered their pick of all houses each round because of their perfect-ness. Unfortunately, it's quite a bit more complicated than that.

Last edited by shirley1929; 08-26-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: run-on sentence, not sure I made it better?