View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
This is what my friend wrote:

"When we were at Orientation the other week a friend of mine was told that all the moms go to bid day to take pictures. And if you weren’t there your daughter would be the only one without her mom. I find this hard to believe but wanted to check with the pro’s to see if you knew anyone at UT and if this was true. I would not want (daughter) to be the ONLY one/"

Does it vary widely? I'm thinking the person saying this may have a daughter in one of the houses that is big on it - or maybe it's just a "take a picture" thing, and then they go?
Will she be the only one? Absolutely not.

Do lots of Moms from Dallas, Houston, SA, etc... come to some of the houses? Definitely yes. There were dads, aunts, sisters there too.

Do they have a big family-style dinner like some of the Alabama (or other big school) houses? Definitely No. (unless that's changed, but based on what LL said...no)

Does it vary widely by chapter? Probably. My personal experience is coming off of a few chapters, but it was definitely a majority in terms of parents vs. non. However, there is SO much going on that day, that it's not like the NM will be sitting in a corner pouting to herself! She'll be in the photos that the moms and actives (and photographer) are taking!

ETA: I can ask my friends who were there last year (for nieces and daughters of theirs) and find out for sure on the meal/party thing, but I'm going with what LL said on a big no for that one!