View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugmom View Post
I have a really good friend who went for the week when her daughter rushed at another Texas school. She was able to stay in her mother's hotel room each night and talk to her about what she thought about each chapter, instead of going back to the dorm and listening to what the other girls thought. She truly was able to keep an open mind throughout the week and followed her heart at the end. In this case, the mother had to be in that town for the week for something eles, so it worked out.
I have not heard of mother's staying for the week at UT, however, I'm sure it happens. I would say that there were approx 30% of the mom's there on Bid Day my daughter's year (2010). I'm wondering if the percentage of mom's going for Bid Day and beyond is growing since the numbers of PNM's going through recruitment is growing?

I do know that it is very common for the whole family to go for Bid Day at OU and OSU and there are alot of girls from Texas that go to Oklahoma schools. Maybe the Texas mom's are taking a cue from thier Oklahoma friends since they go through recruitment a full week before the Texas girls do.
I think you might have something there! I actually know a couple of parents that spent most of the week at OU last year. And all of my friends with girls at both schools attended bid days at OU and OSU last year. It is actually a big family event. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of the happy faces last year!