View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Roomie found a home at one of her top 4 orgs and is happy.

My daughter has a home at an org that was the sixth on her list but isn't sure she is happy/fits in......she's now thinking the whole system isn't for her. The org gave her a deadline and she is just taking that time to let it all sink in. I encouraged her to give that org a full chance and participate this week in anything they ask her to do-people may be different outside of the pressure of rush.

I met another one of her friends last night...great girl...my daughter mentioned that she went through rush also but didn't get an invite back to any of the orgs she ranked for pref. The NPC offered her 2 orgs she had already dropped if she was interested, but she withdrew before pref. Daughter said there were 2 more in her friend group that had the same thing happen--ranked A-B-C-D offered E-F for pref.

It is puzzling to me that these orgs already had their "girls" lined up. Apps for rush didn't open until 3 weeks before rush and closed the day before the first round. I guess the delayed Spring rush allowed for a lot of research in the fall to "scope" out your targets.

Last edited by Hootie2U; 02-23-2022 at 10:03 AM.