View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
my thing is, if you really don't like a person, what's the point of letting them in and dealing with their crap? cut them and call it a day. they'll be pissed whether or not you told them nicely.
Hey wait a second -- isn't that what everyone is saying? I think that most people here are saying that if a PNM is not liked, in all likelihood she will get cut. Nobody wants to invite someone she doesn't like into her sisterhood.

I don't necessarily think it's true that people will be pissed whether you're "nice" to them or not. If someone says, "Hey, sorry, you're not going to get a bid," I think it's less likely that the person would be pissed than if she was told, "Hey, we think you suck, now go away."

I don't think that telling someone she's wack does anybody any good. If she's *not* really wack (in an objective manner that could be diagnosed by a psychiatrist), she's going to be pissed, and if she is, well, who knows what she will do, but I doubt it's going to be anything good.

I think that, as greeks, it's our job to give everyone a fair chance, but it's not our job to fix the world. It's a nice thought, but anyway, we're not qualified.