View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

As an AI who was a member of a small local GLO service org that closed a few years after I graduated, I can say I don’t feel I have traded my letters. The benefits and characteristics of a local and an NPC are different. I was a little cautious when sharing things about my NPC org on social media at first after reconnecting on FB with members of my local service org because I didn’t want them to think I no longer cared for them, but honestly my DZX sisters are among the first to congratulate me on my AGD milestones and experiences. Those in my initiation class and the one immediately following and l do make time to see each other when traveling nearby. Our local introduced us but our hearts kept us friends. If you are most concerned about preserving your friendship with your sisters from the local you could talk with them about it first, but you are not breaking any rules by considering membership in an NPC org.

Of course for me that was 25+ years ago. If your local membership is more recent YMMV.

Last edited by SquirrelyDays; 08-22-2022 at 07:59 AM.