View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
Sometimes I think it hasn't gotten any better. Many girls who are RCs have told me that they weren't doing it to help PNMs, that they just wanted to get out of rushing. Most of the PNMs I know who got few or no invites heard nothing from their RCs and were just left to their own devices. This includes some who had paid for meals during rush and were too torn up to even go to meals with the successful PNMs so they just sat in their dorm rooms and ate snacks out of machines and cried for days. Several of them ended up becoming confirmed Greek haters.
This just infuriates me. Some chapters (and definitely some alums) don't want to hear it, but ideally you would put up some of your BEST and most experienced rushers up as RCs. Like it or not, PNMs do figure out what chapters the RCs are in, and you want to have some of your "best and brightest" representing your sorority as RCs.

If you are even thinking about applying to be a RC because you don't want to rush, or you're shy and the thought of rushing scares you, or you hate your sorority and want an approved excuse to stay away, or whatever then DON'T. Seriously.