View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
This varies by council and conference.

In the NPHC, alumnae/alumni wear symbols/letters anywhere the organization's protocol doesn't prohibit. The key is understanding that symbols/letters include but are not limited to 'nalia tshirts. If it can be done in a grown folks style, NPHCers do it until the dayyyyyyy weeeeeee dieeeeeeeee.

ETA: I am not saying that there are no variations within councils and conferences; or that the NPHC is the only council or conference in which members tend to wear symbols/letters as alumnae/alumni.
I've noticed the same thing. I've seen plenty of older NPHC alumni wear their letters (or more commonly, I see a ton of license plate frames), but if I see NPC letters somewhere, it's almost always on a college woman. It also reminds me how many alumnae I encounter who say "Oh, I was a such-and-such in college". You're always a such-and-such!

Anyway, I have a nice Tiffany's-style heart necklace that has Greek letters on it that I used to wear quite often with a business suit. I thought it was subtle enough. I also have a pink leather business card case that has an engraved clasp, and I love that thing - I think it's pretty and appropriate for a young professional.