View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I just wanted to finish this. I promise it won't be so long. Since she had 3 choices and only put down one, she was not able to do anything for a year. Sophomore year comes around, daughter was very involved in lots of different activities so had many friends in many sororities. This time mom kept mouth zipped. She decided to go through formal again. (I'm thinking yikes, but just encouraged her to have fun) It was a whole different scenerio this time. She had so much fun and still met a lot of people that she didn't know. She was rushed hard by several and at preference went to her 3 top choices. She was wavering between her top last year and another. I didn't talk to her until after she received her bid so I had no idea what she did. Went with her heart and got her top choice for this year, the same as last year. So it had a very happy ending. She was an officer and loved it. I encourage all of you that are disappointed with your results to keep up your grades and get involved. Her freshman year also made her realize that you can still have a great college experience even if you're not greek. However, this was not an SEC school . . . .