View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post

However, for the sake of discussion, let us rephrase the question to the following. Why would a guy who *is* a good fit, not receive any bids? I would simply answer that he is an unknown to the chapter. And perhaps, the chapter is unknown to him. Why? Maybe he is shy. Maybe he doesn't sign up for formal. Maybe he is from a small town and no one knows him on campus yet. And worse, a chapter may be too lazy to get to know the guy.

So from the chapter's perspective, it can behoove them to get to know as many quality guys as they can. Do some work. And from the rushee's perspective, it behooves him to make himself known - in a positive way. Get out and meet the fraternities.

TSteven -

I totally agree with the 'worse' scenerio. Too many times the attitude of a chapter is "Why aren't these guys coming to see us?", when they should be thinking "We need to get out and find more guys." Many chapters seem to wait for the guys to come to them instead of making an effort to go find the guys.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)