View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
I read the asterisked statement in the original post from UCSB which was at the bottom of the detailed post about expansion. It says that NPC expansion is pursuant to NPC regulations, not what the Greek Life office is requiring. I am interpreting this to indicate that the campus IS open for another NPC chapter. Paging TLLK for her knowledge about the campus. Thanks(Go Gauchos!).

Personally I’d like to see Chi Omega and Tri Delta return. I have great memories of Chi O as their facility was right next door to ours on El Colegio. So many fun things happened during recruitment. I think Tri Delta may have used that same facility; they were after my time on campus.
Sadly, Chi Omega sold our chapter house at UCSB several years ago. Pretty sure Tri Delta was leasing the Chi O House until they closed.

If Chi O is going to recolonize a chapter on the west coast, where it would be a substantial cost, they may have more interest in when USC expands. I was there last weekend (subbing for 1 of the house directors) and all chapters are doing good except one is lower in numbers. Chi O would not want to come back unless all chapters are healthy.