View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
It’s like that right now (a massive “shit show”), without an AI takeover.
But it’ll be worse when AI starts running things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Spammers, via their spam bots, have been trying to do that here and on pretty much all forum sites for years. They just weren't all that great at it.

Although, I'm sure they probably still gained a lot of value out of spamming, though, when they were more successful at it / before we became better at blocking them.

There were times years ago when I would wake up to huge floods of spam that was posted overnight. Sometimes thousands of bot messages per day from many different bot accounts.

Even now, bots are still regularly trying to create accounts on GC in order to spam the site. The vast majority are automatically blocked & of those that do get through to creating accounts they are unable to unlock the accounts for posting.

Dealing with spam bots has basically been a cat and mouse game for a very long time. Not just for GC but for pretty much all websites in general.

My guess is that AI tech, once well implemented by spammers, will significantly improve their abilities.

Bots will become more difficult to detect, more able to get through all the hoops we put in their way to minimize their activity and better able to participate in forums without being noticed as bots.

That doesn't mean GC is doomed to future uncontrollable bot spam, though. The proliferation of AI bot spam tech probably is not going to happen immediately and even when it does we will still have a variety ways (maybe including new ways) to fight against it.
Lmao! I’d be mad as hell if I was on here chatting with AI, thinking I’m chatting with a real person. Especially, if I thought they were cool, before learning I was having a deep conversation with AI Lol.