View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofMidwest View Post
Alright so I'm currently going to a community college. I'm in the Army Reserve and I practically get schooling paid for, I was told that this college was great for parties and it was cheap. Its mid term and I'm tired of the bull shit (cops already busted my apartment for alcohol, no parties, shitty academics). So next year I'm transferring to a University and I plan on rushing, my cousins are in a fraternity at UNL I've been to a few parties with them and fucking love it. I was wondering if anybody had experience with this, and if the fraternities will even consider me since I've been out of high school for two years (military training/community college).
I doubt you have any problems at UNL. Some advice though... the TFM/wanna be frat star thing is going to shut a lot of doors for you. Admittedly, it might open a few as well. One thing to make sure of is that they guarantee you they'll work with your reservist commitments in the pledge process. If you have to attend PT or something and that conflicts with something, they need to accommodate. Some might not be willing. Good luck to you.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma