View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know why I keep getting rejected during rush

I rushed at least four different times now. I know people are going to ask me why I rushed so many times, but I really want to be in greek life. It just frustrates me why I keep getting rejected.

I been to basically every single chapter at my school, and I been told no by all of them. I been respectful, well-dressed, confident, and so on. I wasn't being creepy. Yet, I keep getting rejected. Even the chapters that are low on members rejected me. I am that undesired, and it really hurts me emotionally. It does make me feel like there is something wrong with me.

I tried working on my social skills between rush cycles, but it didn't help at all. I still come off as hated and unlikeable to others, and I just don't know how to fix it. It frustrates me when people say things like "there is a chapter for everyone", yet I been told no by everyone.

I am going to be a senior next year, so it is all over for me. It is just so frustrating when people lied to me and told me that joining greek life was a great way to make friends or improve your social skills or whatever only when that wasn't the case in practice.